Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
May 24, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 24th day of May, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
- President’s Declaration
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:04 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Colin Jemmott, Cassy Haynes, Cable King, Paul McCarthy, Lisa Walden, Kim Eisenberg and Ken Simmons
Absent: Stephanie Cucurullo
Community Members Present: Jon Ray, Brady and Natural
- Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY LISA WALDEN, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 5/10/17 be approved.
- President’s Report
- Retreat was good
- Document collaboration trend will be more productive in meetings
- Use part of Board meetings as working groups/working meetings
- Treasurer’s Report
- New bank research discussion
- Secretary’s Report
- Colab insurance
- Deans files/Filing
- Regional Contact Report – Brady
- No YOUtopia website negatively impacts being listed on JRS
- GLC town hall
- Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Going well overall
- Website discussion; Plan B website
- Colab Report – Lisa
- At capacity
- Outside interest ramping up
- Programs are going good
- Have a volunteer for the a ‘train-the-trainer” program for the laser
- Fundraiser planning is moving along
- Policy violation–update on how matter handled
- Ordered cameras for video surveillance
- Additional Business
- Executive session (Board and Producers)
- Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:39 PM.