Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
July 12, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 12th day of July, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
- President’s Declaration
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Colin Jemmott called the meeting to order at 7:01pm.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Colin Jemmott, Cable King, Ken Simmons, Cassy Haynes, Stephanie Cucurull and Curt Benedetto
Absent: Lisa Walden, Kim Eisenberg, Paul McCarthy
Community Members Present: Sam R. Dan, Lee, Bret
- Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 6/28/17 be approved.
- President’s Report
- Performed some administrative clean-up to website;
- RFP for 2nd event now public
- Treasurer’s Report
- Funds are coming in from ticket sales
- Tracking costs as compared to budget (Steph, Cable and Ken to work on this project)
- Secretary’s Report
- Cancellation insurance discussion; In the event cancellation insurance is not bound by 9/13/17 then it will not be purchased.
- Regional Contact Report – N/A
- Youtopia Report –
- Ken will be Board representative on Art Grant Committee
- Colab Report – N/A
- Additional Business
- Ticketing & Eventbrite discussion
- Patreon discussion
- The Journey Project (2nd grant request)
The Board reviewed The Journey’s proposal and conducted a Q & A discussion with Dan, Bret and Lee. In addition, as Stephanie Cucurullo and Curt Benedetto will be working with the Journey as leads, both disclosed a potential conflict of interest relating to the Board’s vote for the requested art grant. The Board members discussed Curt and Stephanie’s involvement with The Journey and were in agreement that their involvement did not appear to be a conflict.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY CURT BENEDETTO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board grant $4,000.00 to The Journey subject to the artist bringing the art piece to Burning Man, YOUtopia and creating a write up for the sdcap.org website and provide ongoing updates as The Journey attends various events.
- Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 8:52 PM.