Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
September 14, 2016
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 14th day of September, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:04 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Cassy Haynes, Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Cable King, Colin Jemmott, Greg Davidson, Dominic Moretto, Jake Holler and Lisa Walden..
Community Members Present: Dag, Denise, Meg, Jon Ray, Arash, Denise, Marty, Marie, and Matt.
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 8/10/16 be approved.
President’s Report – N/A
- Treasurer Cable King emailed Treasury Report to Board members prior to meeting.
- Ticket sales picking up.
- Art grants being disbursed.
- CSC has been retained to act as Registered Agent and has performed an annual report audit.
- Insurance discussion: Cancellation insurance, Liability insurance (emphasis on medical liability for volunteers); Equipment insurance; Transportation insurance.
- Agreement made regarding acquisition of cancellation policy; Cassy to look into obtaining quote for increasing medical liability for volunteers; Cassy requested missing equipment values.
- Colin to communicate BOD response regarding public disclosure of insurance policies.
Regional Contact Report – N/A
Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Currently under budget.
- Generally things are going well; Leads are excited & good energy.
- Day pass discussion.
Colab Report -Jon Ray
- Going Great
Art Grant Requests
(i) Burner Podcast (Arash/Meg): Burner Podcast (“BP”) has requested that the Board allow BP to utilize the Google ad-words available to the Board for being a non-profit.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT, the BOARD will give allow Burner Podcast to utilize the Board’s Google adwords for a period of 3 months, subject to Burner Podcast’s delivery of a results/impact report to the Board. Burner Podcast will have the option to renew for a period of 3 months after delivery of the report.
- Producer Selection Process – No movement on process; several people interested.