Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
September 13, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 13th day of September, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
- President’s Declaration
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
Stephanie noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Cable King, Ken Simmons, Cassy Haynes, Stephanie Cucurullo, Curt Benedetto, Lisa Walden, Paul McCarthy and Colin Jemmott
Absent: Kim Eisenberg
Community Members Present: Natural
- Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY LISA WALDEN, SECONDED AND CARRIED**, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 8/9/17 be approved.
- President’s Report – N/A
- Treasurer’s Report
- Art grants being funded
- A request was made to pay as many vendors as possible before the event (i.e. commissary, heavy equipment) in order to cut down on “on mountain” payments.
- Secretary’s Report
- Cancellation Insurance update and discussion
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY PAUL MCCARTHY, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board purchase the event cancellation policy with the adverse weather endorsement for YOUtopia.
- Regional Contact Report – N/A
- Youtopia Report – Natural
- Already sold more tickets than last year and that is without no sales yet from discounted tickets, will be meeting budget requirements re: funds for ticket sales
- Excellent leads team
- Stephanie’s Burning Man Safety mentor will be coming to YOUtopia to perform an audit of YOUtopia’s safety program/procedures
- Volunteer from BMORG Emergency Services will be coming to YOUtopia
- The Board requested that (a) payment is made to Facebook to boost the event; (b) e-mail blasts and also pay for Facebook ads; Natural to get in touch with Comms Team to arrange all requested items; if Comms Team has more ideas regarding marketing, the Board stated that it would be interested in discussing the ideas
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY COLIN JEMMOTT, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board authorize the Producers to spend $200.00 for Facebook ads for YOUtopia.
- CoLab Report – Lisa
- Doing great
- Trying to figure out how to recalibrate after a busy burn season
- Journey building YOUtopia temple at Colab
- The Shrine will be going to YOUtopia and other YOUtopia builds are happening at Colab
- Inventory was performed
- All borrowed equipment used during burn builds was returned/checked in
- Stephanie had a discussion with Stuart at the Burn and he wants to do an article about Colab in JRS
- Lisa has been creating a Media folder for Colab
- Colab has been partnering with a middle school teacher to do activities at Colab (in the planning stage, nothing formalized)
- Additional Business
- Mini-Man 2.0 (repair and return of art piece) discussion; Lisa to follow up with Dawn re: status
- Regarding Producer selection Lisa is drafting a “job description” document and it’s saved in the drive for Board to review
- Board public engagement on social media discussion
- Art Grant recipient follow up re: conformance with art grant conditions discussion; Cassy to follow up with 2017 art grant recipients
- Succession planning discussion: webmaster, treasurer/accountant
- Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9;00 PM.