Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
August 10, 2016
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 10th day of August , 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:01 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Cassy Haynes, Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Cable King, Colin Jemmott, and Jake Holler.
Absent: Lisa Walden, Greg Davidson and Dominic Moretto
Community Members Present: Dag, Meg, and Natural.
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board
Meeting Minutes distributed to Board prior to meeting; There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY CURT BENEDETTO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 7/27/16 be approved.
President’s Report – N/A
Treasurer Cable King will email the Treasury Report to Board members on 8/11/16.
- Continue to follow up on insurance;
- Corporation Services Company (“CSC”) hired to act as registered agent and to file annual forms Approval of Board required to designate contact person on Board to work with CSC.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT Cassy Haynes will be the contact person with all business conducted with Corporation Services Company.
Regional Contact Report – N/A
Youtopia Report – Jake Holler reporting
- Ticket sales a little slow at this time as compared to last year;
- Each Board member in attendance will have period of on-call time at event.
Colab Report – Natural reporting
- Colab doing great; Burning Man project being built at present moment at Colab;
- Industrial Sewing Machine equipment & class proposal forthcoming;
- Laser shut down momentarily for maintenance;
- Glass shop/glass classes leaving/closed down;
- Internet hardware situation is now stellar;
- Always looking for community members to help manage Colab.
Art Grant Requests – N/A
- Mini-Man 2.0 was at Balboa Park on 8/10/16 at a press conference with the Mayor of SD and Maker Faire team; Need video of press conference for SDCAP website;
- Cabina Exuro is doing well; BMIR & Radio Elektra doing an ad for CE while on Playa; on track for being completed for BM;
- CNC Router still has some outstanding rewards owed from the fundraising efforts; colin to follow up; Router is functional as promised;
- Pride Parade – still owes blog post for SDCAP website;
- Figment – will be held this coming weekend;
- Colab Booth @ Youtopia – moving along and booth will be ready for Youtopia.
- Board member absenteeism & remote attendance discussed;
- Cassy & Steph to work on policy for replacement BOD members that leave during term;
- Endeavor to announce Board meetings more often;
- Producer Selection Process.
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.
Cassandra L. Haynes, Secretary