Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
January 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 25th day of January, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, President Colin Jemmott acted as Chairman of the meeting and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
President Jemmott called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:01 PM.
The President noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Paul McCarthy, Stephanie Cucurullo, Colin Jemmott, Jake Holler, Lisa Walden, Greg Davidson, Cassy Haynes, and Dominic Moretto
Absent: Cable King
Community Members Present: Jon Ray, Natural, Jasmine, Brady, Fin, Sarah, Ken, and Bob.
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 1/11/17 be approved.
President’s Report –
- Retreat 2/25 & 2/26
- Special Board Meeting re: new Board Members will be held on 2/1/17
Treasurer’s Report – N/A
Secretary’s Report – N/A
Regional Contact Report – Fin/Brady
- Interviews for new RC’s taking place; Will publicly announce openings soon for interested candidates
- SW Regional Summit pushed back for a year
- RC’s met with BOD reps (Curt & Jake) to determine GLC list of attendees; List may shift somewhat because of Pod attendance or new Board members if different than list; GLC tickets must be purchased
- RCs to work with President Jemmott to begin process of certifying Youtopia as official BM Regional event.
Youtopia Report – Jon Ray
- Leads interviews taking place
Colab Report – Lisa
- Colab at full capacity; new laser training classes; new CNC router training classes
- 4 new lab rats; Colab management becoming more organized (manuals, org charts, etc.)
- Colab almost fully staffed so it may operate 9-9
- Building a tool shed/dog house for tools; using Youtopia scanners for tool check in/out
- Camera’d the blocked sewer line; hydro-jet will occur soon
- Community feedback process going well but less than 100 people have voted thus far
- Board meeting on 2/1 to choose new Directors; Executive session from 7-8 to discuss candidates and then open meeting to follow to announce new Directors.
- Minimum standards to serve in leadership positions discussed, subject matter tabled for retreat.
- Discussion with former Producer of Youtopia regarding unresolved issues