This is my last blog post, gentle reader, because my term on the SDCAP Board of Directors is coming to an end. In order to celebrate/mourn my survival of 3 years of BOD service, I’ve decided to plagiarize my own blog post from last year and provide a numerical overview of the new BOD member selection process.
- 3 – minimum number of positions we needed to fill
- 5 – ideal number of positions we wanted to fill to get back up to 9 members, which is our comfy zone
- 2 – current BOD members terming out (me and Ken Simmons)
- 1 – current BOD member who has graciously agreed to serve for another year (Cassy Haynes)
- 4 – applications received
- 4 – applications received from people who were actually qualified for service and therefore invited to interview
- 3 – number of BOD meetings it took to interview all of them
- 50 – average degrees Fahrenheit at those BOD meetings, meaning the candidates all learned quickly to bring blankets and hats
- 20 – number of people who filled out the Community Feedback Survey online
- 4 – shiny new Board members to be sworn in on 3/11/20:
- Alicia Smith
- James McDermott
- Stephanie Zierenberg
- Rebecca Cloudy
Thanks to everyone who participated and a huge thank you to our 4 new Directors for their willingness to serve!