Board of Directors Meeting (Regular)
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, a California Non-Profit Corporation
April 26, 2017
San Diego, CA
MINUTES OF A MEETING of the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board’) held on the 26th day of April, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Colab in San Diego, California.
As regular Board meetings do not require notice to the Board pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws, Stephanie Cucurullo acted as Chairman of the meeting (President Colin Jemmott was absent from the meeting) and Cassy Haynes acted as Secretary.
Stephanie Cucurullo called the regular Board meeting to order at 7:01 PM.
Stephanie noted that a quorum of the Board was present and declared the Meeting open for the transaction of business.
Those in attendance and constituting a quorum were:
Board Members Present: Curt Benedetto, Stephanie Cucurullo, Cassy Haynes, Lisa Walden, Kim Eisenberg and Ken Simmons
Absent: Colin Jemmott, Cable King and Paul McCarthy
Community Members Present: Natural, Fin, Kowboy, Robert
Approval of Agenda
The President previously circulated the Agenda to Board via email. The Board approved the Agenda via email.
Minutes of Previous Meeting of the Board – There was no discussion regarding the meeting minutes.
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY CURT BENEDETTO, SECONDED AND CARRIED, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 04/12/17 be approved.
President’s Report – Stephanie Cucurullo
- 5/20/17 Board Retreat; Kim and Stephanie working on agenda (RFP for 2nd event on Retreat agenda)
Treasurer’s Report – N/A
- Completed Art Grant Agreements for the Journey; processed sign documents, etc.
- Created form/template of Art Loan Contract; completed Art Loan Contract for the Journey’s use of Mini-Man 2.0.
Regional Contact Report
- Official regional event status still TBD; Stephanie will follow up with BMorg along with RCs
Youtopia Report – Natural
- Land contract signed 4/26/17
Colab Report – Kowboy
- Colab is doing so well that there is no space for additional large art builds (had to turn down a build due to lack of space); The Shrine of La Santisima Muerte moving in soon; Art project (Trike) moving in soon
- Plumbing fixed
- Laser back up and running
- Finances are improving with the classes, etc. that are being conducted at Colab
- Community member (Dag) donated items for the craft room
- Security cameras on order
- Tool shed has artwork being designed upon it
- GLC debrief discussion: Learnings to apply to future GLC debriefs (add deadline to complete, make sure agreement is clear ahead of GLC; include consequences in GLC agreement); Kim to send email to RCs to coordinate a mutual public GLC debrief, including setting up Town Hall
On call Board shifts at YOUtopia discussion; YOUtopia Safety Department working on document regarding Board responsibility and roles at YOUtopia and will have a draft prior to next Board meeting; conversation tabled for next Board meeting
Consent Class – Train the Trainer Art Grant Request – Kim Eisenberg (Discussion)
ON MOTION DULY MADE BY STEPHANIE CUCURULLO, SECONDED AND CARRIED*, IT WAS RESOLVED THAT the Board fund $2,500.00 for the purposes of the “Train the Trainer” Consent Classes, subject to the program educating a minimum of 5 participants and Kim Eisenberg contacting YOUtopia Producers and requesting that funds from YOUtopia budget are used to assist with funding.
*Kim Eisenberg abstained from voting
Termination of Meeting
There being no further business, ON MOTION DULY MADE, SECONDED AND CARRIED, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.